Monday, June 11, 2007

Katie's Here!

Katie has finally arrived. Her flights went well although the four hour layover in Heathrow was a little taxing. We start digging tomorrow so she doesn't have much time to rest up. At least it's easy digging- no topsoil to grind through.

Hi everyone! I am happy to be here and I will keep you updated on this my first week, and Matt's last week, of digging at Vindolanda. Perhaps this year I will find a shoe! We will do some more posts this week, then next week we head out on our road trip to see parts of the coast and we might not have Internet every day.

So watch this space!
Katie

4 comments:

EmD said...

Are you sure those animals are alive? They don't look like they're doing too well...

EmD said...

Uh, oops, that comment was for the previous post. For this one I say hello to Katie!

KBeast said...

Hi, Katie! Glad you made it OK. Take care of Matt - he's taken to playing in the dirt a lot lately.
You kids have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and Katie,
Matt, thank you for keeping all of us posted with your posts (yes, pun intended). I have really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures and reading about your finds! I am so glad Katie made it safely, I hope you are feeling better, does the rain mean you get to sleep in? Good luck finding the shoes. I am looking forward to seeing all of your pictures when you get home! Have fun :)
Addie McConomy